Saturday, September 29, 2012

1st Grade Typing Practice


While trying to decide what to do in the computer lab next week I started thinking, should we be working on typing practice in first grade? In previous years we would go to the lab and the kids would do their best to find the correct key and I would do my best to help them find them. However, with 22 kids and only one teacher it is very hard to show the kids where all the buttons are and what each of them do. This year I decided to take a photo of the actual keyboards they will be using to put up on the SMARTBoard. We will then do a brief lesson on the keys that 1st graders should know and use. Following the SMARTBoard lesson we will go the sites below to practice typing. I am thinking once a month would be a good amount of time to devote to typing (we get 25 minutes a week in the lab, plus the option to sign up for more time). To practice typing we will be using the games I have linked below. The following games practice the letters and numbers on the keyboard.





No comments:

Post a Comment