Thursday, June 28, 2012

QR Codes in the Classroom

At the end of the school year I decided to try using QR codes in my classroom. To try it out I created a QR code for each "word to know" or sight word from our reading program. I used a free website (www.qrstuff.com) to create a code for each word. I then downloaded the picture, inserted them into a word document, printed them, cut them, and laminated them. Next, I hung them up around the room. The kiddos then used my iPhone to scan them using the app called i-nigma. Once the word came up they had to say it and write in on their word work paper. This app is very easy to use and the kids loved it. I plan to purchase an iPod touch to use with QR codes next year. It will also work withe the camera on the iPad 2 and the New iPad. However, I personally can't justify using the iPad for them when there are so many other apps I want the kids to be doing at the same time. Next year I also plan to use QR codes for hidden math problems, comprehension questions, scavenger hunts, and much more. There is so much potential and I am very excited to see what else we can do with them!




QR Stuff Website- To Create QR Codes

i-nigma App (Free)


No comments:

Post a Comment